Monday, August 20, 2012

Red Rage

Hiya, Oh man, today has been a comedy of errors, let me tell you!  First of all, I struggled all day yesterday with what to do for the first day of the 31 Day Challenge that Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner is hosting.  I've concluded that I'm not a big fan of red.  I'm so into bright summer colors right now, I just can't get into the red.  Secondly, I got a $600 ticket on my way home from work today because my car was not insured!!  WTF!  WORST DAY!  I'm thankful I was able to pull over somewhere where there was parking, I can't imagine having to pay for towing as well.  And the worst part?  I was literally a block away from home!!!  The way I've been able to make myself feel better about the whole situation is that I haven't had insurance on my car since June, so really it's only a $300  ticket because I'm actually paying for the insurance I didn't have to pay during the two months I didn't have insurance.  I can't believe I didn't have insurance, I didn't even realize, I so don't remember getting a notice in the mail.  And my birthday was like ages ago!!  ugh.

Thirdly is this disasticure - this is the third try for Day 1 of the 31 day challenge - if I'm having this hard of a time with a broad topic like red - I'm dreading the rest of the challenge!

Red Polka Dot French Manicure Black Bow

Red Polka Dot French Manicure Black Bow

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
French Tips:  NYC - French White Tip
Polka Dots:  Essie - Russian Roulette
I used acrylic paint for the bows.
Top Coat:  Pro FX Quick Dry

Don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies participating in this challenge!


Here's what we'll be doing for the 31 days, we'll be posting every 3 days!



Holla, N

19 comments:

  1. OMG! Sounds like a shity day indeed! So sorry to hear that! But I do think your mani turned out super cute! I wish my free hand skills were as good as yours! I almost did a bow but after a few practice runs I gave up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bows and dots are my go to!! I would try doing bows on plastic and then peeling off like decals, then there's not so much pressure!!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear sounds like you had a really rubbish day.

    I'm in love with your nails though, beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks!!! I'm sitting here about to pay my ticket - do they really need the $600 like I need the $600? Not likely :(

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your day but those nails are really cute!! I have trouble with the wide open challenge ideas too (wtf am I going to do for yellow I haaaate yellow...). Those bows do look awesome, I would not have guessed you freehanded them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Thank you, good thing I like yellow!!!

      Delete
  4. lol. Hopefully today is better!
    You know you could of just done your nails plain red with no art if you were having problems. These nails are sooooo pretty but you failed buddy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whatever!!!!!!!!!! LOL, I did have them all red and they looked like poop, ugh, never assign red for homework ok?

      Delete
  5. Your day does sound epically horrible... but your mani is adorable! BTW, I just joined in on the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an EPIC Fail!!! Thank you so much and welcome to the challenge - so exciting!!!

      Delete
  6. Man, that is crazy, sorry you had a bad day. I like your manicure, it is not a epic fail. You have some serious stamping skills, did you stamp the french too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my bad, I thought you stamped them, you're so good it looks like stamping.

      Delete
    2. Shut the front door? Really?? Thank you so much!!! And here I was all worried the bows didn't look the same and the lines weren't crisp enough!! I'm always my biggest critic!!

      Delete
  7. Your nails are so stinkin cute! I love this! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love your nails too - my fave so far is the roses and stripes - very cute!!

      Delete
  8. i think they are really cute and I´m sorry for your bad day but the way you bring it is really funny haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It was quite the day, but lesson learned - a lesson that costs $600 - ugh.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N