Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dotty French

Homework time!!  Who gets excited about homework?  This girl does!

It was my turn to assign the homework and I choose black and white.  I feel like these are two huge staples in my collection, plus it can be used for mostly anything so the possibilities are endless.  I'm excited to see what Becca from Nail Narcotics comes up with - something fabulous, I'm sure!!

Black Polka Dots on White French Manicure Nails

Black Polka Dots on White French Manicure Nails

I committed the sin of all sins for a nail addict, I didn't use a base coat.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like this mani, so just wanted to try it out first, I ended up liking it so....one mani without base coat isn't going to kill me - I hope!

White:  Barielle - Going to the Chapel
Black Lines:  Essie - Licorice
I used black and white acrylic paint for the dots.
Top Coat:  Pro FX Quick Dry

Holla, N

15 comments:

  1. Love it! You can never go wrong woth the basics. How easy/hard is it to work with acryic paint? I just picked some up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Depends on what you want to do. If you want to paint a large area of white, don't use acrylic because coverage can be hard, but for outlining it's wonderful with a really great brush. I have a liner paint brush from Michael's and it's getting a little old, I'm thinking of getting a new one to make things easier on myself! Can't wait to see what you do!! Are you doing the 31 day challenge that starts tomorrow???

      Delete
  2. Beautiful :) I love how these turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love when something I did on a whim turned out so well - maybe I should stop planning my mani's!!

      Delete
  3. Holy smokes these are totally amazing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Polka Dots are my go to nail art, easy and I manage to not screw them up - SCORE!

      Delete
  4. LOVE THESE! Can't wait to see your red nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I added the black afterwards because they were missing that special something :)

      Delete
  6. These look absolutely fantastic! So crisp, clean and bright!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N