Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Favorite Nail Polish?

Day 2 of Ooh La La Polish's My Favorite Things challenge!!  This one is a toughy - a mani with your favorite nail polish - I don't think I have a favorite polish.  At this stage in my addiction (can you tell I've watched the new season of Intervention?), I'm all about the price, if it's more than a couple of bucks, I'm out!  I refuse to pay more than $5 for a bottle of polish.  Because of this, I decided to look at this challenge a little differently.  Lately, I've been all about the neons - and you nail addicts know that in order to get the color to show up, you have to use a white base coat.  So, my favorite nail polish today is Barielle's Going to the Chapel, which is on it's last legs because I've been using it so much!!

Apparently using different bright colors on your nails is referred to as a skittle mani!  I first saw this done by The Little Canvas, here but it's not on her blog, but there are a bunch of other great things on her blog, including some amazing freehand nail art, so check it out here!!

Neon Skittle Leopard on White Nail Art

Neon Skittle Leopard on White Nail Art

Neon Skittle Leopard on White Nail Art


Don't forget to check out the other lovelies that are doing this challenge by clicking on the links below!!

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Main Color:  Barielle - Going to the Chapel
Colors:  Kleancolor - Neons
I used black acrylic paint for the leopard spots.
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Holla, N


16 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out! That manicure you tagged was actually one I did for Ryan at Nail'd in the South's blog as a guest post! Your's is amazing! i love it as skittles and now I want to do it! I think i ahve a slight obsession with the leopard manicure! and with the neons i love them even more. Wait until you see my neon skittle leopard one i'm going to post in a few days! definitely a #gobrightorgohome manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riiiiiight!!! I totally knew it was recentish!!! I'm excited to see your next creation, I love leopard - which I've been calling Cheetah, but learned Cheetah has no color just black - duh!! YAY #gobrightorgohome BABY!!

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about not spending no more than 5 for a bottle. Love your leopard skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, like the Lyndarella drama and selling on ebay for mucho money - craziness!! I'm cheap and proud of it!!!

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! I like how each nail is a different color! Im not good at nailart but I would try yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I find leopard super easy to do, I would love to be able to do zebra, but I've done it once and it was an epic fail, so I'm reluctant to try it again!

      Delete
    2. Girl I refuse to believe that you failed at any free hand sh*t! Your mani's are always on point! I love this BTW! I guess I need to get my rear in gear and catch up!

      Delete
    3. LOL!!! No really, I just can't do the zebra!! Now I'm going to try just to prove my point!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. I have never spent more than £3 on a bottle. And never would! I love your skittle leopard mani, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya about the high prices on polish. I do so love the expensive ones though, so I tend to use them as bribes for myself... if I go to my workout class all three days this week I can buy that RBL... If I finish my work project on time I can buy that Lippmann. Your neon leopard mani is adorable. I love leopard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I was at the store today and was holding onto a 7.99 polish and had to put it down, I just couldn't do it!! Maybe if someone (read the hubby) buys me some expensive stuff, I'll get a taste for it!!!

      Delete
  6. I love this mani! First of all, I love white nail polish and neon AND leopard. Couldn't ask for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Three for one - woot woot!

      Delete
  7. This is so adorable!!! I wish I would have known about this challenge. I would have loved to participate!! Maybe next time! Awesome mani, love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I feel really bad now! What about joining the 31 Day Challenge at Kimber's Lacquer Korner?? We're posting Day 2 tomorrow?!? And this comment was listed as spam so I just got this boooo hissss!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N