Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Skulltastic

Hiya!!  I didn't post this mani yesterday because I took the day off today so had all night to finish this!  The hubby has dentophobia and has to get put out to have fillings, so he needs someone with him for 6 hours after waking up.  Hence the day off work.

So, things have been a little tough lately in my work life and it's really hard to feel good about going to work. Yesterday I decided on some retail therapy to help with the blues.  I'm in love with neons right now and I've only got little baby bottles, so decided to get more.  My last neon mani, Knee Yawn Pink, I had a hard time with the pink polish being horrible to put on.  I thought it was a bum bottle, but guess what??  I had the same issue with the ones I bought!  Is it a neon thing?  My old neon polishes apply like any normal polishes.  These ones dry almost matte, the same consistency of crackle polish, it's so strange - anyone else notice this??  And I bought a range of polishes from Nina Ultra Pro to dollar store polish and they all have the same formula!  I've decided it's a losing battle on finding normal neon polish formula, so I'll continue to struggle through with what I've got!

Neon Skull Leopard Nail Art

Neon Skull Polka Dots Nail Art
My right hand, the one with the wonky finger :)
Neon Skull Leopard Nail Art
Left hand with natural light.  The thumb and leopard print is supposed to be a neon pink and it looks orange, can't expect much from a dollar store nail polish!
Neon Skull Leopard Polka Dot Nail Art
Both hands :)
My sister, who is my most favoritest person in the WHOLE world, recently went to San Francisco with my aunt, uncle and cousins and I asked her to pick me up some polish that you can't find here.  She's the sweetest thing in the whole world, she's only 15 and has a Green Mowing company, so she doesn't have a whole bunch of cash, but she picked me up two nail art polishes from Sinful - something you definitely can't find here.  She didn't realize they were nail art polishes, but I love them all the same.

Left:  Lagoon, Right:  Me First
While I was waiting for the hubby to finish at the dentist, I went and picked up my sister from downtown and got to hang out with her for a bit.  As I've mentioned, she's super crafty and talented, she bought some henna and gave me a tattoo, so cute, hey?


Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Pink:  Billie - Fuscha
Bows:  Billie - Purple Haze
White Base:  Barielle - Going to the Chapel
Black Base: Wet n Wild - Black Creme
Neon Yellow - Nina Ultra Pro - Solar Flare
I used acrylic paint to do the skulls.

Holla, N

6 comments:

  1. Pretty sweet ass! I don't have any neon polish :o( I did just order glow in the dark and colour changing to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried color changing before, I recall that it dried up pretty fast, but that was a long time ago may have improved. Glow in the dark oooooooo fun!

      Delete
  2. Wow this mani is rockin!!! Love the skulls. And so sweet of your sister to pick up those polishes for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know hey, she really is the best thing ever! She actually brought me polish back from New Zealand as well, she's quite the jet setter, I'm a little jealous!!

      Delete