Saturday, August 4, 2012

2012 Summer Olympic Fever

I love the summer Olympics!  My favorite thing to watch, which I've managed to miss all of, is gymnastics.  My favorite thing to say after they've completed a particularly amazing routine is "I can do that."  Obviously, I can't but I'm waiting for someone to say "You can?"  I love how proud the athletes are to represent their country, even if they lose.  It also warms my heart to see the parade of athletes in the opening ceremony, especially the countries that have only a handful of athletes.  Can you imagine how amazing that would be to have your whole country know who you are and be rooting for you!

I've done two Olympic themed mani's this week and will be sharing the other for Polish Days (August 7th).  My inspiration for these nails was the outfits worn by Great Britain at the opening ceremonies.  Despite the flack, I loved their outfits, they were so flashy and you can't go wrong with white and gold.

2012 London Summer Olympics Nail Art


2012 London Summer Olympics Nail Art

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Main Color:  Barielle - Going to the Chapel
Gold Accents:  Savvy Femme Couture - Gold
Olympic Rings:  China Glaze - Man Hunt, Wet n Wild - Black Creme, Sally Hansen Extreme Wear - Cherry Red, Sally Hansen Extreme Wear - Mellow Yellow, China Glaze - Four Leaf Clover

Holla, N

8 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I am always so jealous when I see people do really cool free-hand designs. I am a big fat failure when it comes to that. I was mentioning on another blog that I absolutely hate gold anything yet I just bought a gold polish. Insanity, right? I'm going to use it tomorrow. hehe

    I also love watching the olympics. When I was a kid, I lived for the winter olympics because of the figure skating. I think nowadays, I prefer to watch gymnastics and all the swimming/diving events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!I find any metallic polish really hard to apply, I always seem to get brush marks or streaks, it never goes on evenly and nice! I've never really been into the winter Olympics until last year, only because it was in BC, where I'm from!

      Delete
  2. You are so good at freehand! ;p I Just wanted to stop by and say I enjoy your blog!!! I've tagged you for a Leibster Award, details on my blog page :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Gini @ sassypaints2012 =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'll have to take a look!!

      Delete
  3. Love this nail art, I love the combination of white and gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, isn't it pretty, I wish the gold was a little sparklier like the actually outfits, but I'm still happy with this!!

      Delete
  4. Love the gold tips! And the little rings are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I used my dotting tool to make the circles and add a white dot in the center, there was no way I could freehand perfect circles - I wish :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N