Thursday, August 30, 2012

Favorite Stripes?

Hiya everybody!!  Day 6 of My Favorite Things Challenge - Stripes!!

I was a little anxious about this one, I'm super anal and the idea of uneven stripes drives me crazy!!  This turned out okay, I wish I had striping tape....this was me cutting tape on my quilters cutting board with my ruler.  I even sliced the poop out of my thumb (notice it missing from the photos? - Well, I got lazy and didn't want to do the thumb :) stings like a bugger with the polish remover!!

Hope you enjoy today's mani, I kinda regret choosing the colors I did because the next 31 Day Challenge day is blue so I'll have to think of a whole new idea for that!!  I'm sure I'll manage :)

Blue Gradient White Stripes Nail Art Pantone

Blue Gradient White Stripes Nail Art Pantone

Blue Gradient White Stripes Nail Art Pantone

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Dark Blue:  China Glaze - Man Hunt
Medium Blue:  NYC - Water Street Blue
Light Blue:  Essence - You Belong to Me
White:  NYC - French White Tip
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Don't forget to check out the other ladies doing the challenge, also come back next Tuesday for GLITTER!!

Holla, N

7 comments:

  1. It's funny because every damn polish I picked up for this challenge was blue and I kept having to put it back. Lol I do love the ombre stripes though. Very lovely. I do understand about wanting it to be all even but I think a lot of times with stripes, especially multi color and size you can get away with imperfect stripes. :) either way you did a smashing job even without the thumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! From far away, this looks okay, close up, not so much, it still bugs me looking at it how uneven it is - so anal!

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Hope your thumb is okay! I love all the colors you used for the stripes. I just love blue and your lines are pretty neat looking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_0 ohh you sliced your thumb? Ouch! Love the color combo of your stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol- hope your thumb is feeling better. I almost used striping tape form mine but then just decided to wing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!! My thumb is actually healing pretty fast, it doesn't sting anymore which is a bonus!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N