Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Favorite Polka?

Hiya folks!!

Today is Day 5 of Ooh La La Polish's My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge - Polka Dots!! I love polka dots, they are my go to nail art - they are so easy and it's pretty hard to screw up.  Today's mani is inspired by the Queen of Polka Dots Amanda over at Sincerely, Obsessed with Polish - she creates some of the neatest, colorful polka dot mani's I've ever seen and I don't even think she uses dotting tools - amazing!!

I don't normally comment on the polishes I use - I buy the cheap stuff in colors I like - but this stuff was soooo weird!!  First of all, it dries matte, most of the neon polish I have dries matte - is that intentional or a side-effect of being a neon?  Secondly, after my morning shower, this stuff was literally falling off by itself - no picking no nothing, I even had a full nail fall right off.  The moral of this story is, if you are buying cheap polish, just know that it won't last long and don't buy unrecognizable brands from the dollar store!!

Neon Purple White Polka Dots Nail Art

Neon Purple White Polka Dots Nail Art

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Main Color:  Billie - Purple Haze
Polka Dots:  NYC - French White Tip
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

As a reminder, here is the line-up - we post Tuesday and Thursday - check back Thursday for stripes!!



Don't forget to check out the other lovelies who are also polka dotting it up today by clicking on the links below!!

Holla, N

12 comments:

  1. Nicole, this is absolutely beautiful. Great job! Love that pink! Ooo la la, is right!!!!! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still a very cute purply color! I really like your dot placements! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies!!! This has been a super duper fun challenge - maybe I'll host one next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! But then again, yours are always cute as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great ...I love the pink with white... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N