Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Green Envy

Hiya!!  Today is Day 4 of the 31 Day Challenge - green!!  Green is so NOT my favorite color, so this one was a little hard for me.  The three greens I used in this mani are basically the only ones I've got in my stash (with the exception of my neon green).

I ended up really liking this until I chipped the corner off my pointer finger rolling up my car window - I know, who has manual windows anymore???  Miss old school  over here!  I'm super bummed I chipped my nail, they were so pretty!!  I've had to round them and I'm not sure it suits me - keep a look out for the dreaded rounded nails in the next couple of days - ugh!!  And the worst part of this whole situation is that I didn't have the chance to get a good natural light photo before it chipped!!  I was so worried about it all day too - all I can do is laugh, if I didn't, you would find me curled in a ball under the table!!

Green Gradient Polka Dots on Black

Green Gradient Polka Dots on Black
Look at the strategic nail placement hiding the chipped corner!!

Here's the first idea I had for green day, but I hated it so much, off it went and back to the trusty polka dots!!

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Main Color:  Essie Licorice
Polka Dots:  Sally Hansen - Emerald City, China Glaze - Four Leaf Clover, Essence - Lime Up
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Don't forget to check out the other beauties participating in the 31 Day Challenge by clicking the links below!!  Also, don't forget to check back Saturday for BLUE!!!


-Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner
-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine
-Patty Greenberg
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista
-Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints 
-Chameleon Stampede 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
-Me, Myself, and Polish 

Holla, N

18 comments:

  1. I dig both of these, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dots! I am a huge fan of dots - I'd wear them all the time if I could get away with it! I love the color combo and pattern. Very awesome! I would be very sad if I chipped that mani! I have manual windows too, and they love to try and destroy my nails. I've been keeping them shorter lately since I got tired of breaking them, but I'm going to start letting them grow back to their former glory now. Watch, I'll break one today now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really love the dots too! Fingers crossed that you don't break a nail!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Liar!! Kidding :) Thank you!! I think the first look I tried would work better with better colors.....I always have a hard time trying to pick coordinating colors, especially for gradients and water marbeling (that I've only tried once with no success!).

      Delete
  3. Wow I absolutely love both of them! I'm especially in love with the green that you used in the last picture, what kind of polish is it? I want to buy it and cuddle with it lol. x Lariesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lariesa!! The green was China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, I quite like it too, hence it being the only I have that I like :)

      Delete
  4. They both look good girl! I do like the polka dots better though. And you're not the only one with manual windows, I have em too...that automatic stuff is extra! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, glad I'm not the only one....

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Man you have shitty luck with that car. Do you at least have insurance now???
    I love the polka dots of course but I'm really liking the other one too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha!! So funny, it's totally the bad luck car actually, I'm just bad lucky!! I have insurance now, I've learned the very expensive lesson!! The second one? Really? Not a fan.....

      Delete
  6. I think both ideas are great))
    On a side note - I have tagged you for the Liebster Blog award (you don't have to do it if you don't want to though)) Details are on my page. Cheers ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for the nomination!! Check out my Blogs and Such post and add your blog link to my Keep on Bloggin page - love fellow newbs!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Awww, thanks!! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N