Thursday, August 23, 2012

Favorite Food - Orange

No, my favorite food is not oranges!  Did I fool ya?  Did I?  Did I?

Enough of the silliness, let's get down to business!  Who's the bright star who joined TWO consecutive challenges?  This girl and I'm not a super star Queen of Challenges like Miss Nicole over at The Color Republic who I think is juggling three challenges? Crazy challenge lady - LOL :)

We're on Day 3 of Ooh La La Polish's My Favorite Things Challenge and Day 2 of Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner 31 Day Challenge.  The trick is to combine My Favorite Food with the color Orange....or do two mani's in one night - tried that last night, with very little success (total disasticure - thanks Nicole at Polish Me Please for the nail lingo!!).  I hope I pulled off two challenge entries with one look!!  If not, oh flippn' well - have you heard about my week so far?

Sushi Nail Art Orange on Nude Gradient

Sushi Nail Art Orange on Nude Gradient

I got my inspiration from these are coasters I made awhile back for a Craft Fair I participated in at work.  These are canvas squares I sewed and then painted with acrylic paint.  Once I added the sealant, I used fabric glue to glue black felt on the back.  I didn't actually sell this set, so I gave it to cousin (who is my sushi buddy) for Christmas.

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Main Color:  Revlon - Elegant
Accent Color:  NYC - Some no name Orange
I used acrylic paint for the sushi
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Please don't forget to scroll all the way down and click on the links to check out the lovely ladies that are participating in both the 31 Day Challenge and My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge - so much talent, it's amazing!!

-Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner
-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine-Patty Greenberg
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa
-Mari at Nailista
-Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L
-Gini at Sassy Paints
-Chameleon Stampede
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance 

Here's what's coming up next Tuesday for My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge - Polka Dots - woot woot!  Check back on Sunday for Day 3 of the 31 Day Challenge and YELLOW!


Holla, N My official entry into Nail Narcotics giveaway - woot woot!!

34 comments:

  1. This looks great!! I don't know what you were talking about last night, but it couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved how you did yours and I didn't even think to lay them out that way!!!

      Delete
  2. OHHH I LOVE IT! Sushi is definitely one of my favs as well! I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Mmmmm sushi, now that's what I want for lunch!!

      Delete
  3. This is so clever! I love how you combined the two challenge themes. You are very talented at freehand designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I did not have time to do my nails twice last night!!

      Delete
  4. You handled both challenges nicely. I am juggling tow challenges right now too so I know the feeling. Sometimes you just have to combine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knocked two birds with one stone. Good job on the mani. The sushi looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sushi is SO cute! Can anyone get in on the 31 nail challenge?? I'd love to try it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think so, have a look at Kimber's blog, there is a 31 day Challenge participants post!!

      Delete
  7. Dman it woman! Again with the awesome free hand! I am so uber jealous! I love it! Now I am super glad I decided against doing sushi! Mine would have BLOWN! But we were on the same page with getting both challenges done in one post! I love it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah, great minds think alike!! We might be doing this a couple of times over the course of these two challenges - hopefully it's nothing that can't be joined!!

      Delete
  8. Could that orange be times square tangerine creme? Just a guess, it looks a lot like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!!!!! I was literally jumping up and down when I read this!!! Good call!!

      Delete
  9. Flawless sushi art on your nails! You are seriously talented

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Imagine what I could do if I had your nails?!?

      Delete
  10. COOL DUDE COOL! They make me want to barf a little though. Only because I hate sushi. I think I O.D. on it once and now I'm forever disgusted. No joke, if I even put it in my mouth I start gagging.
    I love the art though. Your so good at painting itty bitty things ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha!! I feel the same way about nacho corn nuts - I had a bad experience with a case of those - ugh.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, I had to get Japanese food for lunch yesterday!!

      Delete
  12. Nicole, this is brilliant! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sushi is one of my favorite foods too! I am really really fascinated by asian cooking in every aspects :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very cool! These type of challenges freak me out because I get manicure block and can't figure out what to do at all. The idea of participating in multiple challenges is beyond me. I am a sushi lover...mmmmm....sushi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could so do it!! I like the structure, but I don't like that it's a specific color only, too broad!

      Delete
  15. Wow! The detail is great!
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award,
    here:
    http://meganails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable. My favorite is the tiny soy sauce bottle. Such intricate detail! I'm thoroughly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That nail art is soooo amazing! It looks so complicated to do, and you did a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I see from your blog that you are also into nail art - very fun!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N