Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Favorite Animal?

Hiya!!  So today is the third day in Ooh La La Polish's My Favorite Things Challenge - My Favorite Animal!  After yesterday's horrific day, I'm pleasantly surprised this mani turned out how I expected!  Never mind the fact that I spent time trying to think of all the animals there are out there - I even pulled out the ol' google search to see which animals were 'easiest to draw.' LOL

After much deliberation, I decided to do my puppy poo, Tucker, or as I affectionately call him Poppa, Poppa Dukes, Tucks, Tuckernutterbutter, Tucksnut, Stinky or the love of my life!  I've always wanted a dog, as long as I can remember.  Instead of the real thing, I got a shirt with a picture of a dalmatian on it - not the same thing mom!  We bought Tucker from someone on UsedVictoria, he cost a LOT of money.  We went there with the intention of just checking him out and lo and behold the hubby (who was not in for getting a dog with our three cats), fell in love and could not leave him behind.  Those of you who follow me on Twitter or Instagram, may have seen pictures of my baby, he's got a blue mohawk that gets all the ladies.  I don't think the picture picks up the blue mohawk I've given him, but trust me, it's there!

Yorkshire Terrier Nail Art Light Blue Love

Yorkshire Terrier Nail Art Light Blue Love

Here's my stinks in real life - isn't he the CUTEST???



Base Coat:  OPI Nail Envy
Main Color:  Essence - You Belong to Me (what a great name for this mani!!!)
I used acrylic paint for the art.
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Here's what's coming up!  We post every Tuesday and Thursday, don't forget to check back then for My Favorite Food!


As always, don't forget to check out the other lovelies that are doing this challenge by clicking the links below!!

Holla, N

28 comments:

  1. HOLY EFFING COW WOMAN! You have some mad skills when it comes to free hand! I love this so much! That really does look like your poochie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Thank you so much, just call me Robin Moses Junior - I wish!!

      Delete
  2. These are sooooo cute....the dog came out flawless .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgggg I love your dog!! Mine is the bigger, scruffier version sans blue mohawk! Haha I absolutely love your hand drawn doggie :) So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Aren't dogs the best!? Tucker's pretty chunky, so yours may not be that much bigger :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, this is ridiculous, wow, you did a great job. I loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! It really looks like your puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! He's a pretty great subject to paint!

      Delete
  6. I love the abstract ribbon design and the pic of your dog is so cute - and life-like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've seen it done before and if I could remember where, I would totes give credit.

      Delete
  7. GOOD LORD. I can't believe you died your dogs fur. I felt guilty putting a nail strip on my dogs nail. I didn't want to be 'one of those people'. Apparently your 'one of those people'. lol
    p.s. I love messin with you......but for real though? bahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever, if I could paint his nails, I would! The dye is totally non-toxic, it's made from food coloring. We take him to a groomer to get it done!! And, as if he isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen?!?!? He's a lady killer - the blue mohawk is his mojo!!!

      -Nicole
      Proud to be 'one of those peope'
      LOLOLOLOL

      Delete
  8. Found this blog through Nail Narcotics and so pleased I did, followed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally she's getting me some traffic - KIDDING!!! So glad you came by!! Are you going to join us for the 31 day challenge? We're only on Day 2, would be a perfect time to start!!

      Delete
  9. OMGGGGGGGGG I freaking Love your nails and your Doggies Do! Man I gotta do that to my dog! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You should totally do it! I wish I could do his hawk pink and paint his nails, but the hubby would kill me!!!

      Delete
  10. That's so cute!
    Hope you can check out my nail art blog that I've just made :)
    http://easynailart1.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for your comment & following
    your dog is absolutely adorable! and the nail art you did is awesome, it really looks like him!
    following you back now ;)
    lovelifethemost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally amazing!!!!!! awwwww your dog is so cute! love mine so much! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable! The nails and the puppy-wuppy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute dog!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh. My. God. That is the cutest little sweetie pie Yorkie I've evah seen. In. Love.

    Best of all....

    Your freaking mani. Girl, you are insanely talented.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N