Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mooned Review

Hello everyone!!  So glad it's a short week this week - Thanksgiving weekend was great, we had two turkey dinners - yum!!  I swear, I'm still full!  Warning - text heavy and picture heavy post - click the x at the top right of your screen if you're already bored :)

Today I have two things to share with you:  one - my half moon mani for the 31 Day Challenge and two my review of the 3 Star/Round/Heart Rhinestones Acrylic UV Nail Glue Clamp Kit I got from the Born Pretty Store!  I'm actually doing both in one to be honest.  I got an email from Daisy at the Born Pretty Store asking me to review my choice of products - which I was pretty stoked about.  This may seem like an easy task, but really, it was extremely difficult - they have SOOOO much stuff, the choices were endless!  It took me a while to figure out what I wanted and I gave Daisy some choices of what she wanted me to review and she sent the rhinestones set.

I honestly thought there were going to be a few rhinestones a cheap tool to pick them up and some glue - boy was I wrong.  You get a ton of rhinestones and the choice of colors is fab!  And I didn't realize there were different shapes - circles, stars and hearts - how cool!  Also, the tool they include is heavy duty and two bottles of glue - perf ma gerf!  Now for the deets:  for a set of three packages of multi-colored  rhinestones (in a really cool holder by the way),  one set of circles, one of stars and one of hearts, with a picker upper tool (I have no idea what the real name is) and two bottles of glue, it costs $8.58 - that's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.  I'm having some issues with the site, but I think that is in USD and the shipping is free - well it was when I ordered stuff from them I purchased myself - before I was contacted to review something by the way (and I used my personal account, not my nearlynailed account).  I got the package within a week, which is pretty quick considering the product is coming from China.  And, it was the same time frame when I ordered the stuff I paid for - that's pretty good if you ask me!  If you're interested in picking this up for yourself, click here, the product number is 3116 AND until Jan 31, 2013 you can use the special code found in the banner below to get a 10% discount!!  That's not a huge discount, but any discount is SUPER!

Onto the good stuff, what I did with these products!!

Half Moon Pink and Black with Rhinestones

Half Moon Pink and Black with Rhinestones

Half Moon Pink and Black with Rhinestones

Royal Blue with Rhinestones Accents

Royal Blue with Rhinestones Accents


Here's some photos of what I got and the code to get your 10% discount!




   


For the half moon mani I used:
Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Moons:  Revlon - Raspberry Rapture - this stuff is scented, it wasn't too offensive, but a little much when you have a headache!
Main Color:  Wet n Wild - Black Creme
Black Rhinestone from the Born Pretty Store
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

For the blue mani, I used:
Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Main Color:  Maybelline - Sapphire Siren
Top Coat:  Pro FX Quick Dry Top Coat

Please show my nail buddies some love by clicking on the links below and check out what they did for their half mooned mani's!!

Also, have I already asked you if you've entered my giveaway?  I have?  No, not me!!  Well if you haven't yet, please enter my giveaway - lots of awesome stuff - just click here!

Holla, N

-Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner
-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine
-Patty Greenberg
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista
 -Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints
-Chameleon Stampede 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
-Me, Myself, and Polish
-Robin Sparkles 

Disclaimer:  Rhinestones used for these mani's were provided by the Born Pretty Store for my review.  The opinions expressed were mine and mine alone and were not influenced by the Born Pretty Store.

13 comments:

  1. I got the same set to review! I love what you did with the hearts<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I was pretty happy with the set, I loved the colors I got!!

      Delete
  2. Super cute love! I like the picker-upper thingy, it seems like it would be so much easier to pock them up then with my dotting tool. =) Oh....and what happened to the almond shaped nails!? O_O I like the new shape though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - I had a break and it was too much to save - I'm really missing my almond nails, but they will be back again soon - I hope!

      Delete
    2. That blows! =( I had a break today too! A biiiiiig one it bled a bit. It was just hangin on by a tiny bit but i'm determined and I repaired it, I don't know how long it will hold since it was so low and was almost completely off. =(

      Delete
  3. What a great deal!!! I love how you used them too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was a little wierd having something sticking up on my nails, but I got used to it!

      Delete
  4. cool dude! I love the black and pink. You too obviously ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That half moon is adorable!! I have been thinking about doing something like that with hearts but drawing them by hand....this looks wayyyy better I might have to get this instead : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You still should do this with a painted heart, I think it will be crisper and cleaner!!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous girlfriend! I love both manicures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N