Saturday, June 30, 2012

Canadian, Eh?

Tomorrow is Canada Day....woo hoo!  Truthfully this holiday doesn't mean a whole lot to me besides a paid day off work.  Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be Canadian, but I don't usually go all out and wear red and decorate my house and cover my body in Canadian Flag temporary tattoo's etc.  Usually we don't even do much, maybe drive down to the inner harbour to watch the fireworks, but living where we do, you really can see/hear them, so why waste the gas?  For the last couple of years the complex we live in throws a Canada Day BBQ.  Last year I painted faces, mostly Canadian flags and maple leafs - something that is not easy to do by the way!!  Afterwards we went to our friends house for a BBQ.  There's tons of activities this weekend to celebrate Canada's birthday and if I had kids I would probably go to most of them, but I'm happy to stay close to home and paint faces and hang out with friends and eat some good food.  Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!!  What will you be doing??

red white chevron nail art Canada Day

Base Coat:  Orly - Bonder
Red:  SH Extreme Wear - Cherry Red
White:  NYC - French White Tip
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Holla, N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N