Friday, January 25, 2013

Ikats All Been Done Before

Hello polished friends!!  Happy Friday!!  Yay, we've made it through another week!!  Time for the weekend - woot woot!

I've been wanting to try out ikat nails for a while now, but as with any new technique, I always think it's going to be way more difficult than it really is.  I did some ikat-like nails for the 31 Day Challenge, for my inspired by fashion day, but I wanted to try the real thing.

Ikat Nail Art


Ikat Nail Art

Ikat Nail Art

Ikat Nail Art

I had to google to make sure I was spelling Ikat right (every time I type it, it's underlined in red!) and while I googled, I realized that I did the same color combination as everyone else that's done Ikat nails lately - I was surprised to see so many with the same color combo.  I didn't copy anyone on purpose, but you know how some things stick in your head and then you create it and realize you're not the first to do that?  Ya, that's my day today :)

Holla, N






8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I like the colors you used for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brights!!!!! Great job, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so awesome! I've been wanting to try these out too maybe with a royal blue and orange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! You did a super job!!!! You should do a tutorial! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are amazing! great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I'll have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny- you didn't even know that these were the ikat color combo that runs rampant on pinterest/etc!! I can see why you thought of this combo too, though, it looks awesome!! :) I love these colors together, and you did a perfect job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N