Monday, February 4, 2013

The Bees Knees

Happy Monday friends!  I don't know about you, but my weekend went by WAY too fast!!  Now that the weather is starting to get better, it's going to be hard to enjoy getting up and going to work everyday!!

This week will be all about striping tape!  I love striping tape; however, I wish they made different width's, think of how much you could do with different widths.  I've tried cutting up regular tape, but my anal-ness can't get over the fact that I can't seem to get everything the same size.  I've even pulled out my ruler and quilting cutting board and it so didn't help!  The long and short of it is, if you don't have striping tape, and are struggling with regular tape - get some - immediately - it's so worth it!!

Yellow Black White Striping Tape Nail Art

Yellow Black White Striping Tape Nail Art

A week or so ago, Amanda from The Nail Polish Enthusiast asked if everyone who owns Tuilleries, by Lex Cosmetics to swatch and post it on February 2nd in honor of her mom who passed away 10 years ago from lung cancer.  Tuilleries was created based on Amanda's color story and inspired by her mom whose favorite color is red and favorite flower is tulips.  I don't own Tuilleries, although I'm seriously considering getting it because $1 from every sale goes to lung cancer research, I still wanted to show my support so posted the mani below on IG and Twitter yesterday in honor of Amanda's mom.

Tulip Nail Art

I was very honored to be a part of remembering Amanda's mom, and it warms my heart that so many other bloggers joined in as well.  If you have a moment, check out Amanda's post and read her beautiful tribute and see how gorgeous Tuilleries is!

Holla, N

10 comments:

  1. Your stripes are awesome! Especially since that tape can get so tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stripes! They look awesome and one can be really creative with them. And your red flower mani is pretty too. Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tulips are sick. Meaning very wonderful and special. :)

    Geez, that's some creative juice, girl. I'd never in a million years have thought that up. Now, I'm able to see beyond straight tape.

    Speaking of straight tape...

    It's unfathomable that nobody's come up with varying widths of tape. It's a no-freaking-brainer. And...I'm with you: cutting transparent tape evenly enough to satisfy my anal retentiveness? Well, sadly that's an impossible task. Fuhgeddaboudit, as they say.

    Anyway...I'm glad it's warming up down there. It's still bitter cold up up in these mountainous parts.

    You did a great job, Nicole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tulip mani - such a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both manis rock but I was blown away by those flowers girl! They're so perfect! I've never seen anything like that before! :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful manis girl! You know I find it hard to believe that Sally's doesn't have striping tape...i wish they did and that they would have it in different sizes! I'd be stoked! LOl I'm rambling now! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaaaaaaaaaa buddy. It's so the bees knees. Your pictures are amazing. Quality is perfect.

    Nice to see you again little buddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These yellow white and black nails are too awesome!! I just love them!! :) Seriously... I want to recreate them but I really need to do some at least hopefully original things instead of just copying you all the time. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool!! i'm a new follower, would love if you would follow me back on my blog! : )

    http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N